Covid Staff Policy Update
We continue to be proactive and our policies are fluid. In the coming months with school returning and more people working and enjoying new freedoms we thought we would update our policy here at Elmhirst’s Resort.
What do you do when you feel sick?
- Stay home and inform manager ASAP.
- Get tested
- Inform management of results and keep us posted on your declining or improving health.
- If you receive a positive test, follow directions you will be given by Public Health, stay home for 14 days and one negative test. Apply for the new EI program “Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit” that offers EI for staying home with COVID
- If you get a negative test stay home until you feel better and return to work.
What do you do if someone in your household is sick?
- Stay home and inform managers ASAP.
- Immediately distance from the sick household member if possible.
- Get tested along with your sick household member if you had close contact.
- What counts as close contact? You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more. You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19. You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them). You shared eating or drinking utensils. They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- If you receive a positive test, follow directions you will be given from Public Health, stay home for 14 days and one negative test. Apply for new EI program “Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit” that offers EI for staying home with COVID https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html
- If you receive a negative and your household member is positive, ensure the household member self isolates immediately and stay away from work. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html
- Return to work after 3 days symptom free and a 2nd negative test done after household member self isolates.
- If you receive a negative and your household member a negative return to work.