We want to know where our food comes from.
Elmhirst’s Resort is located on 240 acres and in addition to being a cottage resort, spa and conference facility, it is also a working farm with animals and produce on site. This gives us the luxury of producing the food and raising the animals that are used in our kitchens. All products, known as Elmhirst’s Own, are for the sole consumption of our kitchen so we don’t compete with local growers or producers. We maintain partnerships with other local farmers and producers to round out our hyper local offerings and bring new meaning to Farm to Table freshness.
As a result, our menus are developed to use only the freshest and best ingredients and they reflect the Elmhirst family’s commitment to sustainability and living off the land.
Gardens and beef farm aside, this commitment translates into a new way of thinking and preparing for the future, and embraces eco, agri and culinary tourism.
We encourage our guests to take a farm tour when visiting the resort. Guests can have a close up look at our sustainable farming efforts. Some of the items to watch for on the tour and in our restaurants are;
- Elmhirst’s Own Angus Beef is bred and raised on site.
- Fiddleheads: picked on site each spring and featured on our spring menu.
- Herbs: available year round from the greenhouse/garden.
- Harvested vegetables: featured on seasonal menus.
- Heirloom tomatoes and peppers: preserved for use year round.
- Pekin ducks: raised on site for the kitchen menu.
- Turkeys: raised on site within the quota allowance.
The Hearthside Dining Room at Elmhirst’s Resort is a provincially accredited restaurant that advocates showcasing local ingredients, paired with local wines and craft beer.
- Wine Cellar: features VQA wines (100% local grapes) and features wines not available at government-owned liquor stores.
- Beer: locally crafted beers are available on tap in the Wild Blue Yonder Pub.